Saturday, August 1, 2015

You Can Take The Girl Out Of Cleveland...

... but you can't take the Cleveland out of the girl.


As demonstrated by my two different purchases of red, white, and blue screen printed Cleveland shirts. As if I needed more of those.

Setting my sights on Cleveland was one of the happiest things I've done in my entire life. And I've done a lot of really happy things in my life. 

I crammed a lot into 20 short days. I hugged my parents, I hugged my siblings, I hugged my cat, I hugged my new baby niece, I hugged my aunts and uncles and cousins, I hugged all of the people who I called family, I hugged my friends from Honduras, I hugged my friends from Ashland, I hugged some friends from Brazil, I hugged Slider. In retrospect, I did a lot of hugging.


So many Indians games. So many trips to Taco Bell and Dairy Queen and Panera. So many trips to Headlands and nights spent awake talking to friends and family. 

It wasn't a long trip, but it was a great trip. It wasn't a relaxing trip, but it filled my heart more than I imagined to be possible. Living in Brazil is awesome. Its a wonderful opportunity in a wonderful city filled with wonderful people. But there's something to be said for returning to the place where you grew up to the people who have been with you through everything.


And then only 20 short days after setting foot in Ohio, I was boarding a plane back to Rio. Back to caipirinhas and mate on the beach. Back to seeing monkeys on the street instead of squirrels. Back to another one of my beautiful homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment