Friday, August 14, 2015

Shut Up and Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

I spend 48 weeks a year moaning and groaning about how much I despise missing major life events of those people who are close to me in the United States. In the past four years, I have missed my brother's high school graduation, birthdays, family reunions, baby and wedding showers, and countless weddings. While I embrace the life that I have created abroad, I don't like being the friend or family member who is consistently absent in people's lives.

On more than one occasion, I have said "If I only had the money, I would fly home for blah, blah, blah."

Well, in the words of Katy Perry, it's finally time to shut up and put my money where my mouth is.

So, as to not let the pop star down, I'm boarding a plane to Las Vegas to stand beside my sister as she marries her best friend.

I may live abroad, but I don't need to be known as the person who always misses major life events.

No comments:

Post a Comment