Thursday, April 12, 2012

Feliz Páscoa

Last week was a short week at school; we had Thursday and Friday off due to the Easter holiday. Claire and I spent the long weekend at John and Vania's house. Which translates to us spending the Easter holiday laying in the pool and working on our tans. Rough life, right?

On Saturday, some of the other teachers in the English department came over to John and Vania's just for brunch and to hang out. Ms. Scavarda is one of the English teachers which meant that I got to spend the whole day with Kadu. While the adults hung out, I spent the day in the pool with Teka, Kadu, Juju, and Ana Julia. Quite a change from my usual pool routine of laying on the raft, listening to feel good music and rotating myself every fifteen minutes like a regular old rotissere. I think we also managed to squeeze a little tree climbing in there to give those city kids a real taste of nature.

Vania drove us back to Botafogo on Sunday, but not before we stopped at the ice cream place that has 65 flavors of ice cream-- self-serve!

It was different not being in a church with my family on Easter this year, but it made me more appreciative of those times that we do have together. And when it boils down to it, the physical act of being in a church isn't what Easter is all about. I was able to talk to God on my own time, in my own way. Which might have actually been better, for me personally, than sitting through a church service that I didn't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment